Many analytical laboratories perform only routine materials characterization and testing per specified methods. Innovatech Labs, a material testing lab, specializes in unique materials analysis. Our analysts work directly with our customers to determine which analytical technique(s) will obtain the data necessary to solve the problem at hand.
Our innovative materials characterization process can help to identify and measure contamination or composition of materials in order to resolve problems with performance and help your company meet objectives.
Applications of Material Testing
Below are examples of some of the many types of materials testing applications we have helped customers with. Every project is unique and you deserve specialized attention, so we invite you to contact us at 888-740-5227 to discuss your specific materials characterization or specialized testing project.
- Analysis for Residual Solvents – Residual ethanol is detected in a powder using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Epoxy Analysis – A failed epoxy is analyzed using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Comparison of Good & Failed Parts – The amount of plasticizer used in plastic parts is determined using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Reverse Engineering of Multilayered Bag – The thickness and composition of various layers are measured using digital imagery and infrared spectroscopy (FTIR).
- Surface Analysis of Nitinol – Surface chemistry and thickness of a passivation layer is measured using Auger spectroscopy
- Contaminant on Polyethylene Surface – A surface stain is analyzed using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA)
- ID of Haze on Polyimide Substrate – Suspected chromium haze analyzed using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA)
- Analysis of Stain on Electrode – A hard water stain is analyzed using Auger spectroscopy
- Analysis of Passivated Stainless Steel – Surface chemistry and thickness of passivation layer are measured using electron spectroscopy for chemical analysis (ESCA)
- ID of Contaminant on Molded Part – Residual surfactant found using infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
Contact us to discuss your specific materials characterization or specialized testing project.
Common Problems We Solve
Problems stemming from the material composition of components and products sometimes causes production issues disrupting the flow of business. Strategic material testing at specific stages of production can catch small issues before they become problematic for your business.
If your company has limited testing resources, here are some ways that our material testing lab can help meet your material testing needs:
- Have you encountered discoloration, particles, or residue on the surface of a component or product? Our analysts are materials characterization experts who can help you troubleshoot.
- Is a polymer based component showing undue signs of wear and stress? Material testing methods can help find the root of the problem.
- Are you concerned about particles on a product to be used in a critical environment? Our analysts are able to evaluate their size and quantity.
- Do you want to compare your product to that of a competitor, or to evaluate offerings from an alternative vendor? Material testing is part of the reverse engineering process.
Analysts at Innovatech Labs are experienced in identifying microscopic materials, impurities, contaminants, and generally helping production teams analyze component materials. Our highly experienced material testing team knows how to work through unique problems and find actionable solutions.
Material Testing Methods
The material testing methods available through Innovatech Labs test the physical and chemical properties of products and their components. Click below to learn more:
- FTIR analysis
- Light Microscopy
- Ion Chromatography
- Thermogravimetric analysis
Innovatech Labs offers several professional consulting & materials testing services that are designed to assist in manufacturing support, cleanliness testing, analyzing product failures, and more. Below are a few resources to help you find the best professional materials testing services for your unique situation.
Microcontamination Testing for the Hard Drive Industry Consulting
Contact us to learn more about other materials analysis services available from Innovatech to figure out how we can best help you.